sbs: Now Playing: "The Future Believe"

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Now Playing: "The Future Believe"


I'm loving this hopeful track by Shanee Pink. I came across it two weeks ago on Facebook, and I went to hear more of her stuff on her website; she's got some great stuff!

"The Future Believe" is about the faith in our own power that we lose a little when we get older. Shanee sings about "[leaving] a door open" to the future and continuing to work to make our world a better place.

Fun fact: Shanee Pink is currently dating Nev from "Catfish!"

I love the track. It sounds kind of early 2000s in a really, really, good way. She counts Mazzy Star as one of her influences, and I totally hear that. Shanee's voice is soulful, and her music is very rhythmic. Almost reminds me of The Verve.

Give it a listen, and tell me what you think! Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment