sbs: I Left My Heart in San Francisco

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Left My Heart in San Francisco


As many of you know, I got back from San Francisco a week ago. I was in town for the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) National Conference. I went with two of my fellow PRSSA executive board members to represent Howard University. This was my second time in San Fran. While I was there, I fell in love with the city all over again. If it wasn't the most expensive city in the U.S., I would totally consider moving to San Francisco after graduation.

While I was at the PRSSA conference, I met wonderful new mentors in the PR industry, listened to a wonderful fashion PR seminar by Shop It To Me founder Charlie Graham, and heard an inspirational speech by Twitter co-founder Biz Stone. It was an amazing experience!

Waiting for Biz Stone to speak was so exciting!


I was really taken by the architecture and the urban feel of the city. I loved how accessible everything was even though the city was rather large. It was like the perfect mixture of Texas' spread out landscape and D.C.'s metropolitan feel.



Love the cityscape


We stayed at the Holiday Inn Civic Center, and honestly, I really enjoyed my stay! My bed was super comfortable and we had a great view of the San Francisco hills!
The view from my hotel window

Obviously, I enjoyed my bed.
The first thing I did when I got to San Francisco was go to the mall (you all know me)! The shopping selections in San Fran are so much better than the shopping centers in D.C. and Houston! There are stores as far as the eye can see! The best thing about the setup is that there are luxury stores and department stores right next to discount stores like H&M, Ross, and Marshalls. The products were much more varied and I loved the cityscape atmosphere; most store entrances opened on San Francisco's busiest street!

San Francisco has a five-story Nordstrom! 

Topshop in Nordstrom!

J. Crew Blazer
J. Crew heels
For the first night, PRSSA organized a dance for us. It was so fun! My friends and I showed everyone our dance skills when "Teach Me How To Dougie" came on. We danced the night away for hours! After the dance, my friend and I went with some new friends to The Castro and partied at a club called The Cafe. It was one of the most fun nights I've ever had! 

My outfit for our first night out was a hit. I was getting compliments all night!
Over 1,000 students from colleges all over the country participated at the conference! The dance was awesome!

San Francisco has amazing food. We had Chinese, Mexican, American fare and more. My favorite culinary highlights were Fang Restaurant in SoMa (great potstickers and calamari) and Sam's Diner (some of the best breakfast food I've ever had).

The dinner plate setting at Fang, a fantastic Chinese restaurant with the best sesame chicken I've ever had.
My friend Greg, enjoying seconds at Sam's Diner

Although San Francisco is better known as a tech mecca, it's also a great place for fashion! Of course, as most Howard students do when they have a little time on their hands, my friends and I had a photo shoot or two. Here are some of my favorite pictures that I took of my stylish classmates!

Chic Business Casual

Great pose!

My first day outfit!

I truly left my heart in San Francisco, and I can't wait to go back!

What do you think of my photos? Have you ever been to San Fran? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment