sbs: Put some PEP in Your Step

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Put some PEP in Your Step




It goes without saying that peplum dresses are a curvy girls best friend. However, it deserves to be said that this INC peplum dress from Macy's is easily one of the best purchases that I've ever made.

At $12, this dress was a steal. Macy's amazing sales is one of the reasons I love the store; you can buy expensive-looking dresses for a ridiculously low price. 

I bought this dress to wear on my Valentine's Day date this year. Since then, the frock has been in heavy rotation in my wardrobe. It works for so many things: date nights, going to the lounge with friends, or even a concert. I could even dress it up for work with a tailored blazer and shorter business pumps.



Peplums have had a great two years in fashion. Once a forgotten trend of the late eighties, peplums came back in full swing in 2010. Surprisingly, peplums will continue to be in vogue throughout Spring, Summer, and Fall 2013. 




However, the types and shapes of peplum dresses and tops have changed. Designers sent asymmetrical,  hybrid, and short peplums down their runways this season. Buy peplums in varying shades, shapes, and patterns from fast-fashion sites like ASOS.



I loved shooting this dress for the blog. I felt like a socialite in this tailored, slimming look! I paired the I.N.C. dress with a bib necklace from Urban Outfitters, 14k gold hoop earrings, and my coveted, but barely utilized, Christian Siriano for Payless heels (they're super difficult to walk in, but super stylish!).


What do you all think of my peplum look? Leave a comment below!

1 comment: